If your FBI fingerprint-based background check due date…
- Has recently expired, then you have until 12/31/2020 to complete the process
- Expires between now and the end of 2020, then you have until 12/31/2020 to complete the process
- Is due in 2021 or beyond, then your renewal date remains the same
Although Act 18 of 2020 provides a renewal extension for the FBI fingerprint-based background check, it is recommended by PDE that applicants attempt to have their fingerprints processed prior to December 31, 2020.
To learn more about Act 18 of 2020 and the renewal extension, visit PDE's webpage Act 18 of 2020 During COVID-19
How to Manage this Renewal Extension within Comply
To encourage your users to complete their FBI fingerprint-based background check clearance on time, we recommend that within Comply you do not alter users due dates. That is, we recommend that their due dates remain the same. This way Comply will still prompt users by sending out reminder emails. If the clearance does expire for an end user, you can notify the user of the extension and then, if desired, change/extend the due date. As stated above, although Act 18 of 2020 provides a renewal extension for the FBI fingerprint-based background check, it is recommended by PDE that applicants attempt to have their fingerprints processed prior to December 31, 2020.
How to Modify a User's Clearance Due Date within Comply
Step 1 - To modify a user's due date, locate the user within the roster of the FBI fingerprint-based background check compliance item. Note - If you used a Template to build this clearance item, it is most likely called Act 114 Federal Criminal History Background Check Clearance.
Step 2 - Next, click on the calendar icon for the individual user and modify ONLY their due date to 12/31/2020. Edit the Due Date and then Save & Close.
- Once you have modified the due date to reflect 12/31/2020, the end user will receive an email notification that their due date has been changed. Also, the end user will continue to receive the email reminders that you have built into the compliance item.
- If desired for documentation, you can add a "Note" to indicate why the due date was changed.
(Click the images below to enlarge)
Note - Once a user completes their FBI fingerprint-based background check clearance, you will approve them as you would normally. See below for directions on how to approve a clearance item within Comply.
How to Approve a User on a Clearance Item
Step 1 - From the Roster section of the item, select Approve.
Step 2 - From the Approval pop-up screen, select the calendar icon to edit the Completed Date. Note - This date should be the date that the user officially completed their clearance as indicated on their official clearance record.
Step 3 - Select the check box next to “Use the above completed date as the start date for the next cycle.”
Step 4 - Select OK.